Monday, May 4, 2009

The Latest

Well, we finally moved to the storage facility where I work part-time.  I started working here in December of 2008 in exchange for free rent and utilities.  We were living in a condo temporarily while waiting for our apartment to be built on the storage facility site.  We moved in a couple weeks ago and love living here.  I love that I can walk out my front door, take a few steps, and walk into the office where I work.  If Melody is taking a nap when my shift starts, I just leave her in her bed and take the baby monitor with me.  The job is set up for stay-at-home moms, so it works perfectly for us.  

Melody's first two teeth finally broke through!  We knew they were coming because she was constantly chewing on things, drooling, and crying more than usual.  She is at such a cute age.  She loves to sit in front of mirrors and talk and play with her reflection.  She also loves music and enjoys pounding on the piano keys and hearing the sounds that come from it.  Jam likes to play the penny whistle for her because the high pitched notes make her smile.  She likes to say "da da da da", but I'm trying to get her to 
say "ma ma ma ma"... I guess it's a pride thing.  She is a constant mover and I almost think she will start running before she crawls or walks!  
Jam and I both had our birthdays in
 April.  Jam turned 25 and I turned 26.  Instead of buying each other presents, we decided to start saving for a cruise.  We'd love to get ideas from those of you who have been on cruises, as we're not sure where we want to go.  On my birthday, I asked Jam if we could go rollerblading on the Provo river trail, since we live right by it now.  We put Mel in the jogging stroller and set off.  About five minutes into it, the wheels on my right roller blade snapped off the boot part, then literally one minute later, the left one did the same thing.  After I stood there in absolute shock, the boots of both roller blades just crumbled into several pieces!!  Jam and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.  How random is that?  Both blades breaking at the same time.  Yeah, they were pretty old, so I should have known it was going to happen soon.

6 comments:

Because You Want To Know said...

She's so cute! I can't wait to have my little girl... 6 days till she's due.

Happy late birthday!

About the cruise thing... We went on one last April and LOVED it! Everyone there said this wouldn't be our last even though we knew it would because we're not extravagant people but after we got back I wanted to start planning another. We were the youngest people but I preferred it that way, less annoying because you spend a lot of time around everyone else.

We went with Celebrity. It's a higher end cruise line and well worth it I think. You can find good deals, we did. We went to Europe and cruised around Scotland and Ireland.

I would like to do a warm cruise say from Galveston but you have to be careful because a lot of those are party cruises and full of drunk college kids. Let me know if you have any questions... I spent a lot of time planning it. You can find our cruise story and pictures on my blog. All of the cruise posts are tagged on the right hand side. Good luck!

Elise said...

Happy birthdays!

We loved our cruise to Alaska. It was beautiful in August. We went with Princess Cruises and there were just a few other "honeymooners." The rest were middle aged to...old. We can't wait to do another one!

Jess Gonzales said...

That pic is so stinking cute!! Sorry about the rollerblades... we´ll have to think of something else to do for girls night!!

Elasha said...

Hey Steph and Jam! We haven't checked your blog for a while, so it's fun to see photos of your place, and Melody, and what you've been up to. What a cutie she is. We will be in Utah June 21-28 to look for houses, so maybe we can meet up, but it will be a busy trip. Soon enough we'll live there! yeah!

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

Jami! It's been awhile, man. I've been meaning to catch up with you. I am in florida for the moment but preparing to drive back to Utah. I will give you a holla when I get back there.

Stephanie-- you should check out Travelzoo for some super cheap cruises. As cheap as 4 nights, 5 days, $175 per person through the Caribbean (Bahamas, Cozumel, Etc.)

Trevor, Caci, and Jace

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

Jami! It's been awhile, man. I've been meaning to catch up with you. I am in florida for the moment but preparing to drive back to Utah. I will give you a holla when I get back there.

Stephanie-- you should check out Travelzoo for some super cheap cruises. As cheap as 4 nights, 5 days, $175 per person through the Caribbean (Bahamas, Cozumel, Etc.)

Trevor, Caci, and Jace